1. No women shop keepers in the market. Only women vendors who earn a daily wage. Women seen doing laborious loading and unloading work.
2. Market building dominated by men. Women vendors in the periphery in the street.
3. One pay and use toilet, but no-one was using it.
4. Enclosure created by the fruit market building made one feel a bit unsafe. Open streets felt safer even if there were only men.
5. Single access point to the fruit market terrace felt unsafe.
6. Men sit on raised platforms in the market. May be difficult for women to climb in a saree?
7. Meat markets have more men while fish markets have more women. Why?
8. No woman seen relaxing. All were doing a task.